Thursday 25 July 2013

Moving On

So, it's been a long time since I wrote anything here. In the mean time the MAEBs have clubbed together and are kicking me out. In addition I've just completed another ESA50 and had my status downgraded and my benefit reduced by about £35 per week. I still have not heard from them the reasons for the decision.
 
So I'm dealing the emotional fallout of being evicted, house hunting, and appealing the ESA decision.

Cambridge is quietly but seriously overcrowded. People are cramming in together without proper facilities, and I doubt many of the houses comply with minimum standards. "Cooking facilities" refers to a kettle, microwave and toaster in a room. I saw one with a fridge smaller than a loaf of bread - you'd just about fit a pint of milk in it but no more. Adults are crammed into these houses and paying £500 pcm for the priveledge. Seems there's a lot of private renting going on which is a relief as agent fees are outrageous.

Letting agents automatically treat tenants as criminally irresponsible and unreliable. Not only are they parasites on the bloated bodies of landlords, but they are cynical about their victims.

The vast scale of the housing shortage has meant that rents have continued to increase despite falling house prices and economic crisis. The shortage is artificial and sustained by both private enterprise and government because they're all getting fat on high rents.

No comments: