Saturday 19 June 2010

Some random stuff

"This time the oil is invading America" - a UK comic

UK World Cup. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. How do you spell schadenfreude?

Even if I do become a UK citizen (which I probably won't because it costs £750) I still won't be English.

I used to read The Times website now and then for a bit of balance to my left-wing habitual tendencies - now they want me to get ads and pay. No thanks. Now I wouldn't even link to it.

News Quiz is off, Now Show is on. Can we not have both? Have I got News For You is off, Mock the Week is back. What ever happened to I Sorry I Haven't a Clue? BBC comedies make life worth living. David Frost's doco on satire, mildly amusing.

Spotify offers £4.99 all you eat, but only at your computer (not portable to iPod), cranks up ad intensity as an incentive. The race is on to generate enough income to stay in business. It's tempting in many ways.

I'm homesick which is usually a bad sign. I day dreamed about going back to live in Taupo recently. Watched "There is no Depression" on YouTube. Then the AK79 reunion concert - Spelling Mistakes! Woohoo. Then the beached Whale clip - discovered there are more!

No comments: