Wednesday 13 July 2011

Health

So, my stomach problems turned out to be a hiatus hernia. But now I'm getting complications - constant indigestion, difficulty swallowing, and discomfort shading into pain in my throat. We're working on the theory that it's my oesophagus being irritated and going into a spasm. So beefing up the proton-pump inhibitors and gaviscon for a bit to see if that helps. But it all seems to be getting worse at the moment.

I'm constantly tired and while not house bound, I'm not able to get out very much. A longish walk in the weekend and I'm still recovering! A symptom of fibromyalgia. I wake up stiff and aching, and not feeling refreshed. I read, write a bit, get bored, watch TV, and wonder whether this life is really worth persevering with.

It's all very frustrating. And meanwhile I wait for the axe to fall on my welfare payments. Like others I'm not sure how I'll cope. Is anyone really interested in employing a 45 year old, with multiple mental and physical health issues? Is there any job I could even do? Honestly I find it hard to imagine.

No comments: