Sunday 27 February 2011

My family

About 4 years ago my younger brother got drunk and was being an arsehole at a small gathering at his house down near London. He was being rude to my Mum and then rude to me, and so I said I'd prefer not to communicate that way and he told me to "Fuck off". So I did. But on the way out I made the mistake of venting my own spleen, and this meant leaving the house with my brother behind me screaming insults and abuse at me. It was all a bit distressing, and we haven't patched it up, or even tried. I don't want to be yelled at, and I suppose I haven't really forgiven him for some of the things he said about my mental health. Yes, Chris I am "dysfunctional" thanks for pointing that out! I am the one who's been in hospital, attempted suicide, on medication, and in therapy over the years. That's me. That's not you - you're the one who earns £60 per hour, has a wife, and three kids; you're the one who has something like a normal life. Yeah, mate, you got that one right.

Anyway one of me other brothers sent round a family email with lots of addresses on it. And Chris replied to all - so that I got his response which included a blurb about his kids and some photos. It was pretty weird to get this accidental update after years of being in Coventry. I felt uncomfortable and a little angry. I decided to block that particular email address - it was a work one and he changes his job every 6 months anyway.

Meanwhile my Mum is just back from another stint in Africa as a missionary. Safe and well, thank God. Conditions are primitive where she goes. I don't begrudge her doing it, spending my inheritance(!), but at 71 and with two artificial hips, I worry about her.

No comments: